The other day I took a drive to Ilupeju; a city district located in Lagos, Nigeria. I spent most of my teenage years in Ilupeju with my family.. Truly nostalgic and joyous memories. I stopped by my fave roadside ‘KIOSK” at the time.. where in the past, I often visited and indulged in sweeties and all manners of sugary pursuits! Sigh! Most of them (sweets) are not there anymore.. Still it was a great and exciting feeling.. reliving the past and going down memory lane.. “being totally thankful for life and memories”..
- I remember the loud chimes of the newspaper man’s bell as he went through the streets..
- the raucous joy of kids laughter as they played on the streets
- the intriguing smells from the barbecue man’s grill (suya) in the evenings..
- the exciting sight of the Ice-cream man as he went around the neighbourhood in his bicycle
- the pit-pattering of the rain drops on a balmy afternoon, as I ran home…un-afraid of getting “kidnapped”
What do you remember? Please share your joyous memories..
Have a great Thursday all.. Filled with glorious throwbacks!