Cancer is a global scourge, it is well worth aligning ourselves with charities and organisations charted towards alleviating and eliminating the disease. First, I would love to assume we all are going for the Genevieve Magazine Pink ball holding tomorrow, the 18th of October. Hesitant? Here’s my 2 minute pitch at convincing you:
1.It is a charity event and towards a very worthy cause.
2. Proceeds from the event and tickets will aid in the treatment of patients suffering from Breast Cancer. (100 patients challenge)
3. Awareness and Early detection is key! A great opportunity to share,listen, learn and get educated
4. A chance to unwind , network and have a rousing good time, whilst adding value..
“Right! So.. we are all going right?”..
This leads me to the crux of the matter! Our fashion choices to the Pink Ball.. The dress code is a shade of pink.That is pretty straightforward right?? Here are some broad general ideas on styles to keep you on the right track. Please write in if you have any further questions..
Balls are usually grand events.. What automatically comes to mind for such an event is formal/black-tie.
I shall list 10 great possible outfit ideas for the Pink ball.
1. It is the one time you are allowed to be as elaborate as you wish. To have your utmost cinderella moment! Your most grandiose dresses, floor length, tulle, fully beaded. The whole grand bejewelled works.. “Dole em out”!
2.A beautiful long Strapless (Boob) dress. The key here is to make sure it fits your body type and is cut exquisitely. Nothing beats a well cut strapless dress for a ball. It looks very elegant.
3. A spaghetti strapped evening dress.. In the right fabric and with the right cut, you would fit right in at the event…or even steal the show..
4. A dramatic long skirt/ball skirt and a simple sleek top.. Well executed, this could cast a very elegant silhouette.
5. For a more understated look, an exquisitely cut elegant mid length dress with appropriate evening shoes and accessories.
6. For an alternative take , PANT IT UP!
7. An elaborate victorian inspired skirt suit. A skirt suit can be a grand alternative for a ball. Tips: an exaggerated nipped in waist and you are miles away from looking like a school mistress. An interesting hemline would also be a great alternative.
8. A cute cocktail dress almost mimicking a tutu…. in all its frothy wonder, would certainly be a great option.
9. A nod to the fashion pack… how about a cropped top and flared skirt combo? Or even a cropped top and evening palazzo pants.. The key is to try your best to maintain a demure silhouette even with the not so traditional option.
10.An african inspired dress? Why not?
Now for the killer question.. What colours? What fabric? What accessories??It is a pink ball! Ding! We should wear pink or a shade of pink…
Frankly, I feel we should feel free to wear any outfit of our choice… You can tailor whatever colours you own to suit the event.. A black dress with a pink fascinator, a pink brooch, a pink neckerchief.. It’s all about creatively matching our outfits to the theme and also, just being really comfortable in whatever we decide to wear, regardless of the colour.. It all boils down to the cause and your positive thoughts and support.. That in itself negates anyone’s opinion about your garment choices..
While we are at it, here’s my list of “Pink ball No-No’s”
a. Cutoffs..Did you read my previous post wearing the teensy weeny shorts..http://www.zinkata.com/how-to-achieve-a-super-fulfilling-week/#.VEElW95iN68No.. that would not do for the pinkball..
b. Let’s say no to ripped jeans and all manners of distressed pants.
c. No to stretchy micro mini dresses..
d. No to trainers and running shoes.. Except you are making a special sort of planned dramatic entrance.. Or they are the bejewelled Chanel ones. still.. NO
e. No to dramatic sunglasses…Err no for the night..it’s a charity ball people..
f. No to PVC and ripped fishnet tights..
This is my very humble opinion.. But please by all means, wear what you wish..
We are almost ready to go.. Hair and makeup choices can take a dress from average to an A star! My tip..keep it as effortless as possible.. Do not load it on with a trowel.. Please do not match your pink dress with matching pink eye make-up.. It comes off as a bit too …
Celebrity Make-up artist ,Banke Meshida Lawal suggested some top products to keep you in amazing face at the event..
Please drop by Zinkata if you need a dress or emergency styling. Our store address is at the shop section of the home page. We have the most amazing pieces for the event.
Have an absolutely roaring time..
“Let’s say a little prayer for all those suffering from cancer all over the world”
Image Credits: Pinterest, style.com and google images.
14 thoughts on “WHAT NOT TO WEAR TO THE PINK BALL..”
Love your blog
Thanks Ayana!!! Glad to hear that!
Thanks for tagging me in the post on Facebook I am @pennspaper very interesting piece now I am changing my mind on what I am going to wear tonight
Ahhh!!! Glad you followed the link!! Please don’t change your mind! Pretty sure your outfit would work! Lol!
Lovely Blog!Thanks for sharing .
Thankyou!!! and thanks for stopping by!
Great tips! Most people looked lovely. Rose c’est le couleur de la vie!
Thanks for stopping by Vanessa!!! and eyes..they looked lovely…From my rudimentary French I assume you mean Rose(pink)..is the colour of life? xxx
Dope! Theres no ensembles for men though
Hello Ifeanyi… I know..but still valid for the women in your life.. Pls share..and thank you so much for stopping by!
aww zin, this webssite is chic! the web version is fantastic.. i love yur take on things… kudos
Thanks Victoria!!!!! Glad you like it.. Please visit again…and frequently..